To follow up the secrets to razor cut abs article here is the nutrition guidelines to follow. Remember with nutrition we can only manipulate 3 factors which are protein, carbohydrates, and fat. I recommend that if we are to lose the stubborn body fat that sometimes just like our workouts we need to step out of our comfort levels in order to shock the body to change. So here it is a 30 day diet to shred you! If you lose more than 20# in 4 weeks discontinue the use of this diet.
- No dairy (milk, cheese ( shredded or string), cottage cheese) Use Calorie countdown milk if needed, Organic Valley Fat Free Milk, Fage 0% Greek Yogurt, Almond Milk, Sugar Free Soy Milk, Hemp Milk, Coconut Milk, or Fat Free Goat Milk.
- Measure all food with measuring cups and also I recommend an electronic food scale. Studies show the eye ball method causes us to over eat by 12-20%
- Programs like www.dailyplate.com and www.fitday.com or www.myfitnesspal.com. They are excellent online sources to track calories. I recommend we take our bodyweight x 8-9 for caloric intake per day to make a major change in 30 days. The key to success is that we record our nutrition every single day.
- Your water goal is your bodyweight x .66 for oz to consume per day
- If using ground beef or turkey, rinse after preparing to remove extra fat, then season again. A better idea is to boil your meat and then season afterwards
- For food choices to rotate in check out my blog post on healthy food choices. Variety is the spice of life.
- Remember 30 days is short lived. No bread, pasta, rice, diet soda, or alcohol. You will be shocked if you follow these guidelines!!
- If you have sweet cravings try choosing fruit first.
- If struggling to drink more water try adding lemon, 1 part Crystal Light 2 parts water, sugar free Tang, or La Croix water.
Here is a general format. Really focus on the balancing out your meals. Each meal must contain a source of protein. The key is balancing out each meal. For more variety substitute any food into the format below. Remember for accurate calorie intake for you use this formula. Take your body weight x 8 for low calories and body weight x 13 for your high calorie intake.
Breakfast Choice #1
- 4 eggwhites with 1 yolk
- 1 serving of Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- Use Agave Blue Nectar or honey for sweetner
Breakfast Choice #2
- Males choose 2 scoops of protein powder with 8oz of water (females 1 scoop)
- 1 serving of Ezekial raisin cereal with calorie countdown milk (1 serving)
Mid a.m. Snack
- Women 3 oz and men 6oz of lean meat (chicken breast, turkey breast) no lunch meat
- 1 serving unsalted almonds ( measure them out)
- Women3 oz and men 6oz of lean meat ( 96% lean ground beef, chicken breast, turkey breast)
- 1 palm sized sweet potatoe
- 1 cup of vegetables (fresh or frozen)
Mid p.m Snack
- Choice #1 Women 1 scoop of protein powder with 8 oz water
- 1 serving of unsalted almonds ( measure them out)
- Choice #2 Women 3 oz of lean meat and Men 6 oz of lean meat
- 1 cup of fresh vegetables
- 3ounces of lean meat for women and men 6 oz lean meat
- 1 fist sized red skin potatoe for women and men
- 1 cup of fresh vegetables or 1 medium sized green dinner salad. ( Remember no iceberg lettuce. Mix in arugula, and spinach for healthier variety)
- Amy Organic low fat olive oil/vinegar dressing (excellent)
More nutrition guidelines:
Specific portion sizes are the key. Here is an example to follow for more variety. Notice how the ounces of protein rotate.
Morning or Mid-Morning portion: 2-3 oz
Afternoon Protein: 3-4oz
Mid Afternoon Protein: 2 oz
Dinner Protein: 3-4oz
If anyone has had outstanding results please feel free to post your results! This nutrition works. Be disciplined and expect success! Good luck!